Mission & Ministry - Chapel of the Resurrection, Tallahassee

Florida State University, Tallahassee

Episcopal University Center at Ruge Hall

The  Episcopal University Center at Ruge Hall was built by John G. Ruge of  Apalachicola as a memorial to his wife, Fannie Ruge, in 1931. It was built to serve as the Episcopal Chapel of the Resurrection on the campus of Florida State College for Women. Ruge Hall served as a place for worship and fellowship, as well as a residence for the Episcopal Chaplain. A new Chapel of the Resurrection was built in the 1950s adjacent to Ruge Hall and the old building became known as Ruge Hall. Ruge Hall then began to be used as a social hall and for offices. Ruge Hall is on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of the last remaining buildings in Tallahassee designed by the architect Edward D. Fitchner. Today Ruge serves students at Florida State University, Florida A&M University, and Tallahassee Community College.  The Rev. Brian E. Smith is serving as the chaplain.

visit website  |  Facebook Page
visit website  |  Twitter Page
visit website  |  Episcopal University Center @ Ruge Hall